The risks of downloading and file sharing
Downloading from the Internet and sharing files are both common, everyday practices, and can come with a set of risks you should be aware of.
What are the risks of file sharing?
- You could unknowingly give others access to your computer while file sharing, who could potentially copy private files. This can happen when you’re asked to disable or alter your firewall settings in order to use Peer-to-Peer (P2P) to upload to a file sharing program, which could leave your computer vulnerable.
- Downloading viruses, malware and spyware to your computer without you knowing it. They’re often disguised as popular movie or song downloads.
- Inadvertently spreading viruses and other malware that damage the computers of those with whom you’re file sharing.
- Downloading unwanted pornography labelled as something else.
- Exposing yourself to legal issues such as copyright infringement if you download movies, TV shows, music or software that are copyright protected, even if you didn’t realize it.
Disclaimer: We use contents from reliable sources from respective authors& websites. We valued their contents and give full credits to them for the same. We are not claiming any honourship or rights of the provided contents. We are not liable or take any responsibility for any provided information. The purpose of this web site is noncommercial and welfare of the society.